1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

music stops playing

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by blenky, Jul 13, 2012.

1. blenky

blenky Android Enthusiast

I have an International unlocked S3. When playing music via PlayerPro it often puases for no reason!

Sometimes happens when playing audio books via Audible app or listening to podcasts via Podkicker Pro.

Anyone else experiencing this?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. alexander323bc

alexander323bc Android Enthusiast

I am using the stock music app, not sure if this is the same thing, but mine does it too.

3. Omenvoir

Omenvoir Lurker

I also get this in Player Pro. I've noticed that if I'm in Google Talk, and the person who is chatting with me messages me and I'm in the chat window, it will pause for every new line of chat that is sent. If I am in sleep mode or simply in a different app when I get chat text, this problem doesn't exist.

4. blenky

This seems like a bug to me. It's there a way to report these to Samsung?

5. romiiio

romiiio Newbie

Ok well you need to go to settings then go to language and input then give cmd for soo and turn it off and now you wrong get annoying pauses on media player

Hope this helps

6. alexander323bc

I am really not sure what you mean by this? Can you rephrase this? my stock music player is still having the issue.

7. romiiio

romiiio Newbie

Hi the problems who you guys are having problems with default music player is because voice commands option is on in settings menu. So to stop this annoying music pause problem you need to turn off voice command in settings. So to turn it off go to settings then scroll down to language and inputthen select it and within that turn off voice cmd for apps. Hope this helps.

8. alexander323bc

I am surprised this causes the music to stop playing after 30 seconds, But I will give it a shot. Thanks

9. Dpdoyle73

Dpdoyle73 Lurker

I had a similar problem with my default player. Mine would always pause. I figured out that it was due to the motion setting for muting sounds when turned over. If my screen was still on and I got to the point when the sensors kicked in while moving my phone, it would pause my music. I just disabled the "turn over to mute option".

Like i said I don't know if that was you're problem but it fixed mine.

nadimm likes this.
  10. crazyvinoo

crazyvinoo Newbie

Im too having the same issue..But it started recently..I have activated "voice commands for apps" and "pause option when tilted" long back itself..It was perfectly working from the beginning.but suddenly am facing this pause issue.....:( now i have reset and turned off all the options..Lets hope for the best..!!!!

11. nadimm

nadimm Lurker

Voice commands for apps was off, so this wasn't the problem. Disabled turn over to mute and seems to have solved the problem.

Seems a reboot is required.

EDIT: Still occuring. 30s. Out of ideas. Uninstalled various apps. Are you guys using Nova lanucher with root?

12. nadimm

nadimm Lurker

My solution was a full wipe, titanium restore on user apps. I'm thinking this is related to incorrect rom flash. I do not think it has anything to do with headphones, jack connection, rogue apps, any system setting.

13. blenky

Resurrecting this a sits still an issue for me! Don't use Motion for anything but all my audio apps will randomly pause for no apparent reason.

Usually happens a minute or so of starting app and may happen once or twice. Occasionally it never happens.

Its annoying and I wonder if anyone else has this and if so have they found a solution?

14. djakereur

djakereur Lurker

Hi there,

I've got an annoying issue with my S3 with any player I use. The music stops playing at some point. It could be either after 3 min or 27 min with headset plugged in or not.

I've checked everywhere and 've seen a lot of people with the same problem but none of them has a proper fix.

I am running stock JB, Canadian Bell version, no root, no flash or any of these.

I didn't activate any motion option or fancy way to stop the player. When I receive a notification of all kind while listening, the player just stops for half a sec and then resume, I believe it is the way it should work.

I would much appreciate some help coz it drives me crazy.

By the way, happy new Year!

15. timbaka1996

timbaka1996 Lurker

hey im having the same issue... and it too is driving me crazy!... ive herd word that it is a bug of some sort.... i updated mine and the issue started today:(.... hope there is a fix.

16. peatlander

peatlander Lurker

Same problem here. Doesn't matter which music player I use - DoubleTwist, Google Play, or Samsung Music Player - music abruptly stops in all.

For the record, I have disabled all Motion controls, under Developer Option the box for Do not keep activities is uncjhecked, and I do not have any power-saving apps installed (ie JuiceDefender or GreenPower). I've seen these suggested fixes on other sites, but none have helped me.

Galaxy S3 - Android version 4.1.1 - Telus

17. ajdons

ajdons Lurker

I'm having the same problem here, doesn't matter what app i use.

18. Justin01

Justin01 Well-Known Member

My younger sister encountered the same issue three days ago. I was hoping to get answer from users here. Thanks.

19. silentwitness

silentwitness Android Expert

Are any of you guys using a task killer app it cause the issues you are experiencing. Also check and see if there are any firmware updates available.

20. Power2g

Power2g Newbie

I'm having the same issue on VZW even after factory reset.

21. MrNice

MrNice Newbie

....may as well pipe in :)

I'm having the same issue, phone has done it from day one. Not running any task killers and also running latest firmware.

I have backed up then rooted the phone and re-installed back up and it still occurs.

...here's hoping someone is able to post a fix / solution :)

[subscribed]

22. ericreinhardt

ericreinhardt Member

Dont know if this will help anyone but i was having the same problem with google music and jellybean. Seems in my case it was the google music app that was updated. When i uninstalled the update on google music i did not have any problems with the music stopping.

Eric

Power2g and MrNice like this.
  23. steveFTC

steveFTC Newbie

I had the same issue even after rooting (CleanROM). I'm not sure if you can do this without being rooted though. See post number 10, changing lpa.decode to false.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2003743

Also, does this happen ONLY with headphones plugged in? If so try unchecking this box:

Settings - Accessory - Audio Applications: Connecting earphones will enable audio applications in quick panel.

For me, when I had that checked if I plugged in earphones it would start playing and stop when I unplugged. Wondering if the socket isn't a tight fit so even a bit of movement thinks it's out and stops playing?

Also....Settings - Motion - Turn over to mute/pause. I have it unchecked but it didn't matter but heard that worked for others.

Hope one of those fixes it for you...very frustrating I know!

Steve

24. MPK1980

MPK1980 Lurker

I'm having this issue too. Have tired disabling motion options that pauses music as well as disabling S Voice. A fix would be great as its so annoying!

25. ninja636rider

ninja636rider Member

Same issue here with Google Play Music app. It would stop after 1 or 2 songs with the phone set down and not being touched. I started using Poweramp and haven't had it stop once.

Samsung Galaxy S3 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy S3 release date was May 2012. Features and Specs include a 4.8" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, Exynos 4412 Quad processor, and 2100mAh battery.

May 2012
Release Date
Reviews