1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Music Storage on the Atrix

Discussion in 'Android Lounge' started by TheJudge, Sep 25, 2011.

1. TheJudge

TheJudge Lurker
    None

Aug 18, 2011
    I'm posting here because I don't know if my question is Atrix-specific or Android-general.

I recently purchased an Atrix 4G (AT&T). I have not rooted it yet. (Another boatload of questions). I used Motorola's Media Link to sync my music initially. Recently, the Media Link software stopped linking to my phone for no known reason to me.

I downloaded iSyncr (full version).

Before syncing, I went into my files on the Atrix and deleted all files and folder in the Music folder. To my surprise, when I checked my phone, all my music was still "there" and playable. That raised my first question. How? I could not find music anywhere else in the files on the Atrix, and the memory did not change.

I went ahead and synced with iSyncr - which puts the music in its own folder by default. I noticed no change in memory, but the song lists are duplicated now.

How can I fix this so I can sync my music and have one place where it is stored on the phone?

Advertisement

2. !on

!on Android Expert
    None

Aug 14, 2011
    Male
    UK
    I suggest ditching moto media sync & going back to drag & drop.

Every so often I'll come back to it just to remind myself how naff it is. No point really pretending to be iTunes / iPod - it doesn't work :( .

Delete the moto sync folder in your card, then go in settings > apps > manage apps & clear app data in media storage & any music players you were using.

Drag & drop your stuff into the music folder instead. I suggest then un/remounting the SD card (in settings) so that it's reading the new library like new. Doing this is good if you experience some corruption in your music library. It may take some minutes to reload it all.

I usually do this once a week; sadly this is better than letting moto media sync do it because all the tracks on compilations become albums of their own (duplicates) :mad:. It must be a problem in both android music AND moto media sync, as I don't recall having these problems with Nokia's media sync!

3. TheJudge

TheJudge Lurker
    None

Aug 18, 2011
    Thanks !ON. I will give it a try.