• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

music strarts and stops on its own...and party shuffle too

A few months ago I sent in my droid for replacement with exactly this problem. They didn't charge me for it either. The problem is the headphone jack -- rumor has it in a certain batch of Droids the headphone jacks weren't properly mounted and could come loose with normal use. My recommendation would be to take it to your VZW store and ask for a replacement -- bring a pair of headphones with you so you can demonstrate the problem.

Upvote 0
Yes I had returned my Droid for this exact problem. I tried multiple jacks and they all caused the Music player to either: pause, skip, or open up another music app. I was surprised that after spending only about 10 minutes on the phone with Verizon that they were shipping a refurb to my house on the same day with no questions asked. This all fell under the one year warranty and had nothing to do with insurance because I have none :)

Upvote 0
Yes I had returned my Droid for this exact problem. I tried multiple jacks and they all caused the Music player to either: pause, skip, or open up another music app. I was surprised that after spending only about 10 minutes on the phone with Verizon that they were shipping a refurb to my house on the same day with no questions asked. This all fell under the one year warranty and had nothing to do with insurance because I have none :)

can i get DX or D2 as replacement?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones