1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

Support Music Stuttering

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by rec, Oct 25, 2010.

1. rec

rec New Member

Oct 25, 2010
    HTC Desire
    Android 2.2
    O2 UK
    Not rooted

My phone was recently updated to 2.2 OTA and since then every song I play using the standard music app will stutter at some point between 2s and 15s. Every song, without exception. Once it has been playing for ~15s the stuttering will not occur. If I restart the song then the problem doesn't occur either - almost as if it stutters whilst the MP3 data is being cached.

This issue *never* happened to me with 2.1 (which the phone came installed with). All my MP3s are 220Kbps VBR.

I also have terrible battery life (much worse since 2.2), longer charge times and sluggish performance, but it's the stuttering music that I find the most annoying. :)

I always disable Wi-Fi when I'm out of the house and I only turn on GPS when I need it. I have tried messing with my auto-update settings for Facebook, etc. but still the music stutters. I also read that you should leave at least 60MB phone memory so I moved all apps to SD card that I can and now have ~65MB free.

All I can think of next is a hard reset but I really don't want to avoid this if possible. I have a SANDisk 16Gb microSD card installed and transfer my music using Windows Explorer into an MP3 folder on the card.

Any tips, hints or advice would be very welcome as I listen to a lot of music on my phone and this issue is driving me nuts.

Advertisement

2. dagon1

dagon1 New Member

Feb 14, 2011
    I have a WellCom A88 with Android 2.1 which I just flash/upgraded to 2.2 yesterday and suffer from the same as you described!! Have you found any solutions yet?

Tags: