• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Music tag support

shmuel

Jan 25, 2010
Hi,

I got my galaxy a couple of weeks ago (cheap enough that it was worth it, despite reading everything on the forums). I'm running II5 and think I might wait and see if 1.6 is released next month before upgrading.

However, some of my music is in m4a format and the music app cannot read the tags. Is this an issue with Android or the firmware and is there another application that can fix it?

Thanks,
Sam

Hi,

I got my galaxy a couple of weeks ago (cheap enough that it was worth it, despite reading everything on the forums). I'm running II5 and think I might wait and see if 1.6 is released next month before upgrading.

However, some of my music is in m4a format and the music app cannot read the tags. Is this an issue with Android or the firmware and is there another application that can fix it?

Thanks,
Sam

whats the Kbps of the m4a's ?

Upvote 0
Hey guys,

Here's an easy guide for converting all your music to include both sets if ID3 Tags.

Install WinAmp
Add all your music to the library.
In the library view select all files
Right click and select "Edit selected Items"
On mine, by default, "Update file tag(s) if supported" was automatically checked. If not, check it and uncheck everything else.
Hit ok and wait.
Put your freshly updated music back onto the phone and you should be good to go.

Note: I suggest doing it with the files on your computer and not the SD card. Mounting your SD card and loading the files from there to your library works as well, but is MUCH slower due to the file system and way files are handled on the SD card.

Hope this helps someone. This was driving me crazy as well.

Reactions: shmuel
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones