• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Music through ALL bluetooth devices quit working since updates. (FIXED)

I have been listening to the music files on my phone In MyChevy Link, my DEA500 radio in my semi truck, My UA Boom speaker, my Bazooka golf cart speaker, My Cardo motorcycle helmet headset, and both radios in my Camper for the last several phones I have had over the past few years.
Now all of a sudden I can not get my Galaxy S8+ to play music for more than 1 minutes on all these devices. So it's not any of the devices, It's something in the latest updates.
Any one know what the cause is and or how to fix it?

I've unpaired, deleted, cleared bluetooth cache, cleared bluetooth network copletely, rebooted.I've even delted and formatted the SD card and reloaded all the music and then reloaded it into the phone.
Still the only way I can get music to play is if I open the music player and play a song , then once the screen turns off on the phone, the music quits playing.
I tried plugging my phone into my chevy radio and other radios via a USB cable and tried to access the media files that way and I get this message on my phone.
Screenshot_20190606-200530_MTP application.jpg
And no reconnecting does not solve it.
Everything worked fine before the updates. Now nothing works right over bluetooth or cable connection.

What has Android or samsung done that is blocking access to the media files?

Last edited:
OK I figured out HALF the problem. The PlayerPro app I was using to play music was what was quitting after the screen went to sleep.
Uninstalled that and reinstalled it and it seems to stay playing after screen goes to sleep.
I'll try connecting to my radios via bluetooth tomorrow and see what happens.

I Don't think that is what is blocking the radios from accessing the media files though. But I'll post the results tomorrow.

Reactions: ocnbrze
Upvote 0
OK I figured out HALF the problem. The PlayerPro app I was using to play music was what was quitting after the screen went to sleep.
Uninstalled that and reinstalled it and it seems to stay playing after screen goes to sleep.
I'll try connecting to my radios via bluetooth tomorrow and see what happens.

I Don't think that is what is blocking the radios from accessing the media files though. But I'll post the results tomorrow.

Is your phone unlocked when you connect it to the car system. Because if it's screen-locked nothing can access content stored in it, as it's for security.

Upvote 0
Is your phone unlocked when you connect it to the car system. Because if it's screen-locked nothing can access content stored in it, as it's for security.

I've always set the advance settings in the bluetooth settings to auto connect and auto play in my Chevy and it has always started to play my music files once the bluetooth connection is connected. And it has never given any problems till the past month.
As far as the phone being locked, it was not locked and it still did not work.

Upvote 0
Had the same problem, the update restricts background use of apps that is why it shuts down after a short time since it is no longer "active ( screen and display on). Go into settings,apps,select the app, select the battery and see if the app can use the battery in the background. If it is restricted slide it to off. You might have to check several apps (music player, android auto, blue tooth, etc)

Upvote 0
Had the same problem, the update restricts background use of apps that is why it shuts down after a short time since it is no longer "active ( screen and display on). Go into settings,apps,select the app, select the battery and see if the app can use the battery in the background. If it is restricted slide it to off. You might have to check several apps (music player, android auto, blue tooth, etc)

It's possible this was the issue and uninstalling and reinstalling the PlayerPro app reset it back to allow battery use in background. But I never checked that when I had the problem.

Reactions: ocnbrze
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones