• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Music to SD Card keeps disappearing

nsharan

Lurker
Oct 31, 2010
Hey guys, I got a evo and I have songs on itunes and I just upgraded my sd card to a 32gb. I have been trying to transfer my music from the folders to the sd card (made the folder and named it "Music". It will show for a lil while and when i go back into the folder in the sd, says it empty. I also downloaded the doubleTwist program, the files transfers okay, and then the same thing again. I have already formatted the new sd card and also factory reset the phone but it keeps on doing the same thing. any help would the great. thanks

I have a similar issue with my SD card. A few days ago I notice that some of my applications (like Angry birds, Dolphin HD, AppBrain) are gone and also a hidden folder that I create with ASTRO file manager too. I reinstall Angry Birds again and when I open the game all of my levels that I pass were there. Same thing with the browser after reinstall all of my history, bookmarks etc. show up like they never disappear. When I browse the phone with ASTRO manager I only see 3 hidden folders. I remember that there was a more than 3 before. It s look like that everything is there but it is hidden or moved.
Do you know how to see or turn off hidden objects on the phone? I'm really looking how to bring back this folder that I create. Any help is much appreciated.

Upvote 0
do you have the card in the handset as you try this?

if so, do you have the evo set as mass storage device?

do you have the latest htc update?

are you rooted?

are you a mac user? pc user?

if you have a card reader, remove the card from the evo and insert into the card reader and re-attempt.
Hey marctronixx

do you have the card in the handset as you try this?
I have tried the card both in the phone and thru the sd adapter

if so, do you have the evo set as mass storage device?
I do not no if its in mass storage or not. (dont no how)

do you have the latest htc update?
its running on 2.2 with baseband of 2.15.00.09.01

are you rooted?
no

are you a mac user? pc user?
pc windows 7

if you have a card reader, remove the card from the evo and insert into the card reader and re-attempt.

i did, it shows the cd folder name and when i open it, it says it empty.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones