• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Music tracks in alpha order on Droid 2 when ripping LPs via Audacity

Hi,

I have a Droid 2 Global Edition. I have been using a USB turntable to digitize LPs into MP4 files, then transferring the files to my Droid. I am doing the transfers simply by dragging the folder for the album over to the Droid (top level directory) using Windows Explorer. The problem is that they appear on the Droid in alphabetical order, not album order, DESPITE:
1) the ID3 track numbers are correct
2) When exporting the tracks to MP4 from Audacity, I check the option for putting track numbers before track names in the filenames. Thus the tracks appear on my PC as 01-First Track Name, 02-Second Track Name, etc. These track numbers are stripped (do not appear) in the Droid's music player.

This is driving me bonkers, especially because it takes a lot of time and hassle to digitize vinyl. Any suggestions on how to fix it? Should I be transferring the files in a different way than just Windows Explorer drag & drop? Using a different music player than the default music player on the Droid?

Thanks very much!

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones