• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help music transfer trouble

Good morning
I've been having a problem adding music to my sd card. Yes, I'm using a 32 gig card, but have added music on it already. When I have my 860 plugged into my pc and I go to the folder marked my music and pull up my music from my pc it seems to be doing a transfer. However once the transfer is finished and I unplug the phone from the pc the music isn't there. I'm not even trying to transfer Itunes music, just my music which I keep separate from Itunes. Like I said, I've already got some music on the card, and don't believe I did anything different lately. I'm using Power amp and an hour ago I even purchaced the Poweramp app. Any suggestions?
Thank you in advance! I really love this forum and all of you who spend your time helping others!!!!
Chef Dave

Thank you for the info, Crumbsnatcher. I did as you mentioned and still no luck. It shows that the files are transfering, but when I disconnect the usb and turn on Poweramp the music isn't there. Just shows an empty file when I plug back in and go to the my music. I am aware that many folks think that a 32 is too big, but I believe I've seen Joser say he's also running one. Somewhere, I wish I could remember where, in December I had read that I could use a 32 so I ordered one. Since my post this morning I've messed around with doubletwist. It seems complicated and a pain in my butt. I thought that maybe I could only load files in mp3 format, but not even that seems to be the case. Maybe I need a player that will play all formats since it appears that I have some music in mp4 and windows media player. I really just don't want to drag an Ipod around and love my bluetooth stereo headphones. I am totally open to any further suggestions!
I'm going to go for a motorcycle ride and forget about this for a while.

Upvote 0
Ok, here's the end results. I did format my card, and even re-formated to double check. It appears that while I did buy a 32 gig card, it must be a very low class and just won't play with my AssEnd. So I stuck it in my camera and it seems to be working fine. I picked up a 16 gig, class 10 card and that's solved my problem completely. I wish I could remember where I had read that I could use a 32 gig card, maybe I had been staring at the Huawei flower too long, lol.

Upvote 0
Ok, I was just reading the thread "Phandroid---Huawei Ascend #14 Best Android Phone". When I clicked on the Ascend I happened to look at specs. There it clearly states it'll work with up to a 32 gig card. I knew I had read it somewhere. While I'm going to stick with my 16, I wish the 32 had worked. I suppose it would've if I had bought a higher class.
Hardware/OS Operating System: Android 2.1 Internal Memory: 256 MB External Memory: microSD/SDHC up to 32 GB ROM: 512 MB Processor: 600 MHz

Reactions: Michellemybell
Upvote 0
I think a lot of these sites are not basing it off fact. Because I've seen a whole bunch of different sites saying different things. I really think if it's not on the actual Huawei site, We really can't say for sure.
Huawei Ascend Specs, Features (Phone Scoop) Says 16GB
Huawei Ascend full specs - Phone Arena Also 16GB.

I've also called a Metro Representative, They said that the phone CAN support a larger sized card but that it has been shown to give many complications and issues. What the guy told me, From what I understood anyways, Is that a larger card will work but the phone will not be able to utilize the whole amount of memory. In other words, It will only be able to use 16GB of it, Instead of using the full amount. X.x

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones