• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Music using music player

mobrienjr

Android Enthusiast
Mar 14, 2010
I have yet been able to find an answer to this issue, so I thought that I would just make a post.

Ok non-rooted droid. Using the stock media player it will not let me play a certain folder that I downloaded. I can not figure out why it will not play any of the songs on in that certain folder. I downloaded the whole disc set of a certain artist and this is the only folder that does it.

I checked and every song is 317 kbps MP3 format. I have some music that I downloaded using iMusic and it is 320 kbps MP3 format, so I have deducted the bitrate as being the issue. Any other advice or things to try would be awesome.

yeah, I didnt think to try my other media player until I made this post. I found the bitrate while playing the songs in WMP. I thought it was odd that it showed it at 317, and not the normal 320. Still curious as to why the stock player wouldnt play it, but just another reason to stick with MixZing.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones