1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support music wont show up on my nexus

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by dylr00lzd00d, Jun 7, 2011.

1. dylr00lzd00d

dylr00lzd00d Lurker
    None

Jun 7, 2011
    i hooked my nexus s up to the computer. Created a folder under music and added 50 or so songs to it...well only like 15 are showing up on my phone and it cant figure out how to get them to show up....any ideas?

Advertisement

2. bamhm182

bamhm182 Well-Known Member
    None

May 5, 2011
    Male
    I don't really know much about music on the Nexus S, but are they all in a supported format? I know for sure it supports .mp3.

3. mdhall41

mdhall41 Newbie
    None

Jun 25, 2010
  4. lingo622

lingo622 Lurker
    None

Jun 2, 2011
    Not sure what is said in the thread, but the phone didn't support windows media formats. So make sure your files are in mp3 or something where other than .wav

5. GhostRed

GhostRed Member
    None

Jun 9, 2011
    I would ask if the songs are actually .mp3 or if in fact they are iTunes .m4a.

The default music app will not read .m4a, or copy-protected mp3s (such as how they used to be if downloaded from iTunes).

Also, you don't need to create a Music folder and manually dump music in. You can actually connect to your PC, turn on "USB storage" when prompted, then simply pull up Windows Media Player and use the Sync option.

It basically allows you do drag/drop into a playlist that will automatically organize your files/folders just like iTunes on an iPod.

You may actually need to capitalize the "Music" folder, in case you haven't done that. I have heard of people having issues with that, but I doubt it makes a difference.

Also, keep in mind that until you turn off USB Storage, your music files won't be available, so it's possible that if you're still connected to the PC, that's why you don't see them on the phone.

Tags: