1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Music Won't Show Up

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by VegasLakers, Dec 29, 2011.

1. VegasLakers

VegasLakers Lurker

So I have downloaded some music to the stock sd card and the music doesn't show up in the stock music player. The files are mp3 and the files show up in astro downloads folder and I can even play the songs and such. Yet, there's nothing in the music player. The content doesn't have drm or anything like that either.

Also, my other sd card works fine. Is this an issue with the sd card?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. godraw

godraw Well-Known Member

It's an issue somewhere there.

I just put an mp3 in the root and a different one in a directory labeled VIDEO of my 32GB MobileUltra card. The stock Music app upon opening discovered both.

3. godraw

godraw Well-Known Member

Um, by chance you haven't frozen/killed, uninstalled, otherwise messed with any of the preinstalled (system) apps have you?

4. VegasLakers

VegasLakers Lurker

I did not root the phone or anything. It recognizes the music on another sd card, but not on the stock sd card. All of the stock apps aren't messed with or anything. I also downloaded another music app and no luck with that either.

5. godraw

godraw Well-Known Member

Try moving one or two files out of directory they now reside and into the root of the card and see if they'll be discovered by Music

Is the directory structure and where the files reside the same on both cards? From here I'm guessing not which means it might be a permissions problem. Then again I could be full of s*** too as that's been known to happen on occasion. :rolleyes:

6. marca

marca Member

one little discovery i made with this phone is that it looks for the folder name to determine whats in ie: music files > music folder / ringtones > ringtone folder / notifications > notification folder .
    i notice that i can not use music as an alarm tone couldnt figure out why but discovered if i move that same file no altercations to correctly named folder then it would appear as such.

7. boybwell

boybwell Lurker

Can someone stay on the first issue. the phone player is not playing the music on the SD card. I been on the fourm all day and this problem is a droid issue.please only re post if you had the issue and did something that actually fixed it . no more guessing.

8. marca

marca Member

your calling this a droid issue but all of us with droids arent having it, maybe its an sd card issue we know from his statement its not the phone or software cause it worked with another card. may just be as simple as a bad batch of cards the got shipped.

9. godraw

godraw Well-Known Member

And welcome to the forums boybwell. Helpful first post.

The users here in the Warp forum are very active. As marca implies, were it an Android or Warp issue this thread would have been jumped on and answered by now.

@ VegasLakers, not boybwell

On that particular "troublesome' card it could be something as simple as there being a .nomedia file present in the dir where these files reside. This .nomedia file will also stop media scanning of sub-dirs also. So you'll want to look in the dirs above it too.

10. godraw

godraw Well-Known Member

Damn, hit reply by accident...........

@ VegasLakers

The .nomedia file ....... If I am reading your first post right, that could be and certianly would explain why you can play them through the file browser yet they don't show up when scanned for media by the/a music player

ZTE Warp (N860) Forum

The ZTE Warp (N860) release date was October 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 5MP camera, 512GB RAM, Snapdragon S2 processor, and 1600mAh battery.

October 2011
Release Date
Reviews