• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Must factory reset to delete gmail account??

inTECHrity

Apr 8, 2010
Hey guys,

I'm a gmail guy all the way, but receiving second-to-second emails via the gmail app is DRAINING my battery. I re setup my account through htc mail and active sync and its working great - my only problem is that It wont let me delete my account from the gmail app! I'd prefer not to have mail flowing in through 2 apps! It's telling me I have to do a factory reset in order to delete it. Is there any way around this? Thanks

Hey guys,

I'm a gmail guy all the way, but receiving second-to-second emails via the gmail app is DRAINING my battery. I re setup my account through htc mail and active sync and its working great - my only problem is that It wont let me delete my account from the gmail app! I'd prefer not to have mail flowing in through 2 apps! It's telling me I have to do a factory reset in order to delete it. Is there any way around this? Thanks

You can tell it to not sync your email. Menu -> settings -> accounts & sync -> google. Uncheck gmail.

Reactions: inTECHrity
Upvote 0
Hey guys,

Yeah...a factory reset is the only way...and when it's done booting from that, you'll get the chance to set it up again. I don't think it will go away...it's an "essential" service.

Change your sync settings. Turn them off if you must, and manually sync, which I think happens when you open the Gmail application.

Reactions: inTECHrity
Upvote 0
Yeah...a factory reset is the only way...and when it's done booting from that, you'll get the chance to set it up again. I don't think it will go away...it's an "essential" service.

Change your sync settings. Turn them off if you must, and manually sync, which I think happens when you open the Gmail application.

This seems to conflict with what NKT is saying.. what is the deal?

Upvote 0
When I set up the accounts on the INC I entered only my gmail information. But now the phone is reporting 2 accounts one for Google using the e-mail address I entered; and one for G-mail using the same e-mail address. On my Google account page new labels were created for IMAP Inbox, IMAP Sent and IMAP Trash. Which account should I disable to avoid duplication...

Cheers, Steve

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones