• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Must Have Android Apps

I have DirecTV and pay for HBO. Can I use HBO GO to watch shows and if so what info do I need to do it? Thanks.

I believe DirecTV was one of the compatible providers that can connect to HBO Go, but I can't remember because TimeWarner isn't compatible yet.

In essence, HBO Go is supposed to allow HBO Subscribers to watch full HBO series episodes on their phone. The only way for you to find out if DirecTV is compatible is to get the app on your phone. I think first thing you should do is make sure you have a login/password for HBO's website. When you download, install and open the app from your phone, it should ask you to log in and also select your provider (e.g. DirecTV).

https://market.android.com/details?id=com.HBO&feature=search_result

Upvote 0
1. Wireless Tether
2. Sprint TV
3. Fring w/Skype
4. AndFTP
5. Appbrain
6. Astro
7. ColorNote
8. Howcast
9. iMusic
10. Live Scores
12. Movies
13. Nesoid
14. Pandora
15. Rom Buddy
16. Shazam
17. Shootme
18. Tapatalk Pro
19. Automatic Task Killer

I downloaded " Live Scores". I like it, but my friend has it for iphone and hers doesnt have ADs and it shows like a text message with the score when there's a alert. Mine just shows an icon in the notification bar. Its the same program but it just seems to be better on her Iphone. is that just how it is for android?? .. Thanks.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones