• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Must have APPS for rooted users

Drocap (take pics of your screens)
Root Explorer (File Manager for root users)

I just Rooted my LG Ally and one of the apps I downloaded and have been using is Root Explorer. One of my first tasks was to remove the "bloatware" such as Skype, MySpace, Facebook, Calendar Widget, CityID, etc., among others. I removed the apps by simply utilizing the r/w feature in Root Explorer and moving the above noted from my system/apps folder to a folder I created on my SD Card. I did this just in case I wanted to restore those apps to my phone's internal storage. However, my phone's internal storage does not show the amount of free space that it should for moving those apps. And when looking at the free space in my system folder via Root Explorer, it shows more as compared to looking at via my SD card and Phone Storage Settings - about a 12MB difference. It's as if my phone doesn't recognize that those "bloatware" apps have been moved. Any ideas? Thanks for any replies!

Upvote 0
I've not yet uninstalled it because I keep saying I'm going to get around to figuring out what is wrong, but every time I run this app there is a short pause and then the app sends a message saying there was nothing to wipe. This is all I've ever gotten out of it. <shrug>

Funny enough it always said that but seemed to clear up room anyway. Take a look before and after and ignore the.message. all I know is it helps quite a bit

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones