• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Must have Apps

I've downloaded ShapeWriter and installed it. But I don't notice any changes. Did I miss something? Shouldn't the screen flip on an application when I turn the phone horizontally?

Thanks!

Sometimes when I think my phone is taking to long to rotate I tap the side to give it a little nudge. It really doesn't do anything but it feels like I'm helping it along lol

Upvote 0
I have to credit my wife for finding this app... it's called ourgroceries. it's a grocery shopping list (can be used for things other than groceries) that can be automatically shared with other phones. For instance, my wife made up a shopping list.. it updated on my phone.. she asked me to pick up the items on the list while I was out. as I crossed an item off it updated her phone. we have used it for a large list where she took part of the store and I took the other.. I knew what she had crossed off and she knew what I had crossed off. it also has a recipe section. it will also allow you to add the ingredients of a recipe to a shopping list.

now if I can convince her that she needs to stop and buy my beer for me....

chart

Upvote 0
Thanks for all the cool app ideas! Anyone have anymore? I found this cool AndAndo app for tracking your outdoor activity (hiking, biking, etc).

If you are in to that... then these are must haves...

1) My Tracks - try it, you will love it.
and
2) GPS Status
or...
3) If you area Google maps user. then get My Maps Editor. It's great.

Just a heads up on those.

Upvote 0
If you are in to that... then these are must haves...

1) My Tracks - try it, you will love it.
and
2) GPS Status
or...
3) If you area Google maps user. then get My Maps Editor. It's great.

Just a heads up on those.

Do you know if My Tracks works when you don't have Sprint coverage? We are going to do some intrernational traveling, would be nice to be able to use this while walking/hinking. Thanks!

Upvote 0
I have to credit my wife for finding this app... it's called ourgroceries. it's a grocery shopping list (can be used for things other than groceries) that can be automatically shared with other phones. For instance, my wife made up a shopping list.. it updated on my phone.. she asked me to pick up the items on the list while I was out. as I crossed an item off it updated her phone. we have used it for a large list where she took part of the store and I took the other.. I knew what she had crossed off and she knew what I had crossed off. it also has a recipe section. it will also allow you to add the ingredients of a recipe to a shopping list.

now if I can convince her that she needs to stop and buy my beer for me....

chart

This app is pretty sweet!! I just used it for the first time today. No more wasted paper at the grocery store.

Upvote 0
I would definately get the Comcast cable TV App! It's free and you get HBO as well. Sweet HD on the Hero. You might also want to check out the Dollar Menu McDonalds App. Each day there is a dollar menu item not listed on the menu that you have exclusive access to just by showing them your Hero. ;)

I wish there was a way to search alphabetically.

Upvote 0
Fun game that I like is Robo defense by lupis labs. fun game and addicting. Messaging I highly recommend the Handcent. Movies is also a great app. I am falling in love with sports tap for my sports updates. I read a lot of newspapers so the app I have been using is called newspapers. shazam is great for identifying songs. Shopsavvy or barcode scanner is great for scanning the tags for apps.

Upvote 0
Hmmmm... well...

Must Have's

Astro File Manager
RingDroid
Where
Movies (Flixter)
Google Sky Map
Caller ID Faker (lol, don't ask, but check it out)

Not must have's but like em'...
Chess for Android
MixZing
iMusic
Pandora
Meebo or Ebuddy (Multi Instant Messaging)
WiFi Analyzer
Jewels
PicSay
MobisleNotes
ShopSavvy
Maverick Lite
Air Hockey
Delete Old Messages (if a Text message junkie)
Live Scores (for pro sports scores, lines, etc.)
Backgrounds (for wallpapers)
Robotic Guitarist
Battery Widget (HTC Corp)
Daily Horoscopes
Daily Strip (comics)
Funny Jokes
Color Flashlight Fun

Hahaha, well, check those out, I use them all here or there... there's a few more I have but don't feel they really are useful.

Enjoy!!!

:cool:

I'm totes (totally) looking for the Delete Old Messages app but cannot find it. Are you sure that's what it is called?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones