• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Must Have Apps??

I am new Android phones and I am wondering what apps are must haves?? I know so far I dont like the email on the A2. Whats a good email app? Id be thankful for any other tips and pointers.

Welcome to the Android Army, I think you will like it here. There are quite a few apps out there that can help your Android experience become better. Here are a few apps to help you get on your way:

Handsent is probably the best text messaging app out there, it is fully customizable.

Both K9 and Moxier Mail are great corporate mail clients for Android but you can also use them for gmail too I believe.

App Cache Cleaner will keep your A2 running smooth and quick but automatically

DoubleTwist is a great music app that syncs your phone to iTunes.

Springpad is the best note taking app out there, IMHO

Weather Bug is great for local weather if you are wanting a good weather app.

Hope this helps and remember that there is nothing wrong with trying out apps and uninstalling if you don't like them. Have fun!

Upvote 0
...Both K9 and Moxier Mail are great corporate mail clients for Android but you can also use them for gmail too I believe...

K-9 is generally regarded as a solid email app (I personally use(d)), not just for corporate, but POP3 and IMAP accounts as well (e.g. Comcast, Verizon, Hotmail, Yahoo, etc.).

Estrong's File Explorer makes it extremely easy to manage/create files/folders , and find/connect to network shared folders (literally a 3-step process).

Power Amp (paid version) is also a solid mp3 player, highly customizable, yet straight forward to use/configure.

Any other recommendations would be based on what additional functions/features you need. Personally, I would never leave home without a device that cannot access my Sling/Hava boxes...but that's just me.

Upvote 0
Everyone should get gReader best app for viewing news from websites loads quickly and has a good interface. Also get Getjar for paid apps and games for free legally like beautiful widgets or samurai vengeance 2. Both which I reccomend getting as well a tapatalk to access forums like this easily from your phone. Other good Getjar apps are cartoon camera, imperio age of zombies,karoshi, and muffin knight. The amazon app store also offers a free paid app each day.

Sent from my Atrix 2 with Tapatalk

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones