• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Mutliple Issues: Issue #1 Battery Charging

Mr. Right

Aug 25, 2010
OK, I haven't seen a thread dealing with my exact overnight charging issue. Let's say my phone battery is at 80% and I go to bed.

Here are the steps I take:
1. Turn off Wifi
2. Use Advanced Task Killer to kill all apps (except for the alarm clock).
3. Plug in the USB charger (or docking station for that matter)
4. Press the "sleep" button once so the screen goes dark. Or, just allow the screen to sleep. It doesn't matter either way.
5. Go to sleep.

When I wake up in the morning my battery level might be at 50%!!!! How is this possible. And, say, 60% of "what's been using the battery" is "Display" (!?!)

Also, I can unplug the charger from the phone, then put it back in and by the time I'm showered and dressed for work the battery indicator icon is at full (probably above 90%).

What's going on here and what can I do to fix this? It's REALLY annoying.

OK, I haven't seen a thread dealing with my exact overnight charging issue. Let's say my phone battery is at 80% and I go to bed.

Here are the steps I take:
1. Turn off Wifi
2. Use Advanced Task Killer to kill all apps (except for the alarm clock).
3. Plug in the USB charger (or docking station for that matter)
4. Press the "sleep" button once so the screen goes dark. Or, just allow the screen to sleep. It doesn't matter either way.
5. Go to sleep.

When I wake up in the morning my battery level might be at 50%!!!! How is this possible. And, say, 60% of "what's been using the battery" is "Display" (!?!)

Also, I can unplug the charger from the phone, then put it back in and by the time I'm showered and dressed for work the battery indicator icon is at full (probably above 90%).

What's going on here and what can I do to fix this? It's REALLY annoying.

When you connect the charger before going to bed do you check if it actually starts charging? Some people reported that it does not always stat charging for them and they have to disconnect it and connect again.

Upvote 0
You task killed the usb application. Next time look at the list of appications running and add the usb to the ignored list.

I don't think so - there's no USB app to kill. Just things like Astro, Music Player, Corporate Calendar, Voice Dialer...

Plus, I see the lightning bolt...

By the way, why does my Corporate Calendar app always need to be killed - I never use it. In fact, I haven't even configured it to an Exchange Server yet. Does the app start up when a browser window is opened?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones