1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Mx box pink display

Discussion in 'Android Help' started by Mternent, Mar 27, 2016.

1. Mternent

Mternent Lurker
    None

Mar 27, 2016
    Male
    Hi the below post is mine stupidly didn't sign up! So I bought a Panasonic viera 4K tv I connect the mx box and the display is pink exactly the same when I watch a movie unsure on what's wrong tried a few things like changed HDMI and resolution but issue still there anyone shed some light?

Advertisement

2. Digital Controller

Digital Controller The Real Bass Creator
    None

Sep 5, 2012
    Male
    Civil Engineer
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Hey there Mternent! So are you saying the visuals is a pink hue?

Have you tried potentially using a different port on your TV as that could be the issue?

Have you also tried using your Panasonic at a different TV?

These methods could help you really zone in on what the issue is.

3. Mternent

Mternent Lurker
    None

Mar 27, 2016
    Male
    Hi,

I've tried a different HDMI port and a different cable, the mx android box works on a different tv without the pink haze so I'm assuming it's something to do with the 4K resolution and some settings not being correct

4. mikedt

mikedt 你好

Sep 22, 2010
    Teachaaa
    Jinan, China
    I'm sure someone else reported a display issue with an MX box and a new 4K TV in AF, Android Questions. It might have been a Panasonic or a Vizio, but apparently it was OK with their older TVs but not the new 4K UHD one. Which I'm sure was a bug with the box itself, and nothing could be done really apart from doing an RMA as defective, and trying a different box. Given what these things are, cheapo devices from anonymous manufacturers, likely it was never tested properly for 4K compatibility during R&D or QA at the factory. These things are often faulty, buggy or simply DOA anyway.

#4 mikedt, Mar 27, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 27, 2016
  5. Mternent

Mternent Lurker
    None

Mar 27, 2016
    Male
    I got the box for nothing from a friend so not too concerned I would happily buy another anyone got any tips on which one would work with a 4K tv

6. mikedt

mikedt 你好

Sep 22, 2010
    Teachaaa
    Jinan, China
    Not really no, these Kodi boxes from China are really cheap commodity devices, often have a variety of marques like MX, MXQ, M8, etc. all from unknown manufacturers. They should work with a 4K TV in theory, so maybe try a different one, and you might be lucky. :thumbsupdroid: There's other devices from reputable manufacturers of course, like Roku, but these will usually cost more.

Something to be very aware of with the cheapo devices, they're often loaded with illegal pirate content, like Showbox etc...
    Watched Jurassic World with their Kodi box, and then received a legal nastygram from Universal Studios' attorneys for copyright infringement.
    http://androidforums.com/threads/is...ox-and-universal-studios.994111/#post-7207156
    "We got the android unit as a gift and it seems have gotten us in trouble."
    And if in the UK, Ireland or other EU country, sometimes find that the thing just doesn't work, because ISPs have blocked the illegal pirate sites and services.

#6 mikedt, Mar 27, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 27, 2016