• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help MX Player and Aldiko issues...

lightsleeper23

Android Enthusiast
Nov 18, 2011
Salt Lake City
So mx player first. It has suddenly almost quit working for ne altogether. I thought maybe it was the movie I wa trying to play, but it played fine on other players. Then it happened again, and again. I can't get many movies to play on it anymore. I click on one, the circle spins as it loads, then it just goes back to the menu with no explanation. Anyone else having this issue on their nexus?

Also, aldiko reader. I have been excited to start using my new tablet as a reader, and I decided to try this app since people seem to like it. And maybe I'm doing something wrong, but I have a couple small issues. For one, when a chapter ends, the next one begins right below it on the same page, without the usual book format of having half a blank page and starting new in the next one. Also, I can not get it to turn pages with the page turn animation that play books has. It just kind of slides straight across to the next page. And only by tapping the sides of the screen. It does nothing when I swipe. I have gone into settings and unchecked the tap to turn pages option, and I have checked the option for page turn animation. But neither seem to work. Any suggestions?

So a simple slide across is the animation huh. I was starting to suspect this, but I didn't even try seeing what it looked like with the option unchecked. I still can't get it to do anything at all when I swipe across though. And the new chapters beginning right under the last one is bugging me. I tried the exact same book file on two readers, and the other one does not do that. Guess its a preference, I just like the experience to mimic actual reading as much as possible. The other one, moon+ reader, even has a page turn sound. I think ill stick with it.

Don't know what's up with mx player, finally Hyatt uninstalled it. Won't play anything I've tried lately. I've had to use a different player, which I do not like as much. Shame.

Upvote 0
Re Aldiko: it has an option to override the formatting in the book and this option is on by default. Tap to get the menu at the bottom of the screen then tap Settings then More. The fourth option down is "Advanced formatting". Untick this and see if that changes the way new chapters are displayed.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones