• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

MX Player Pro Problems.

matt190191

Dec 26, 2011
Chester, UK
Hey hoping someone can help me out, I've been using the free version of MX Player with ads for over a year now I thought I would Get the pro version. But I'm experiencing Lag/stutter when playing MP4 1080P videos on my new Xperia Z. Should I try and convert them to a different format or maybe try another Codec? Not to sure what to do but the lag has been bothering me alot recently.

Any help/advice would be much appreciated thanks :)

Greetings matt,

Have you tried on of the other players like dice or the default player? If these lag, then you might want to try re-coding the vid.

If your not trying to stream the video to a HD tv, then I would definitely recode the video to about 720p. Your not going to see a difference on a small screen, and you'll save on file size.

Hope this helps

Upvote 0
Greetings matt,

Have you tried on of the other players like dice or the default player? If these lag, then you might want to try re-coding the vid.

If your not trying to stream the video to a HD tv, then I would definitely recode the video to about 720p. Your not going to see a difference on a small screen, and you'll save on file size.

Hope this helps

Thanks for the reply.

I have tried other alternatives and they were the same with the Lag issue. I'm just trying to convert it to H.264 format(Suppost to be the best quality movie format). The 1080P movie is stored on my Class 4 Sandisk Micro SD card(data transfer rate of 4MB/ sec.) so I think the speed of my SD card isn't fast enough. Not sure though

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones