1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support MX Pro TV Box - feeling technically challenged atm!!

Discussion in 'Android Help' started by Tanawha, Apr 3, 2016.

1. Tanawha

Tanawha Lurker
    None

Apr 3, 2016
    Female
    Hi, I have just purchased an android MX Pro TV box. I tried to connect the WiFi & it will not work. I get an authenticity error with the password. Have rebooted everything, made sure that there are no issues with it being case sensitive, but still no joy. So I gave up & had a G & T instead.

Decided to resume the battle today, this time, I switched it on & got completely different screens, does it think I want to make a phone call? I get a phone keypad, then pictures showing me DLNA & Miracast logos, none of which are interactive. So I think it might be confused (like me!) I made sure any nearby phones are not connected or pretending to be TVs. Switch it all off again, but nope, no menu, no chance of even being refused WiFi connection, all it wants to do is let me make a phone call.

Please help, before MX Pro is launched from window! :p

PS TV is safe - I can't lift that! ;)

Thank you!!

Advertisement

2. The_Chief

The_Chief Accept no imitations!
    VIP Member
    None

Nov 17, 2009
    Male
    I'm retired: every day's a Monday :P
    Manchester, TN
    I haven't had this particular problem, so I might suggest contacting the seller. You may have a bad box. You can factory reset the box in Settings and start all over as a last resort. my 2¢ :)

mikedt likes this.
  3. Tanawha

Tanawha Lurker
    None

Apr 3, 2016
    Female
    Thanks Chief, am waiting to hear back from the seller. :)

Cannot access settings unfortunately, only thing I can get to is phone keypad showing on screen :(

4. mikedt

mikedt 你好

Sep 22, 2010
    Teachaaa
    Jinan, China
    Sounds like it's dumped all the TV set-top-box specific stuff, and it now believes it's a phone, which is the default configuration for Android. Corrupted firmware possibly. Probably only thing you can do with that now is contact the seller about doing an RMA, or if they can supply firmware you can re-flash it with.

FYI these cheap MX, MXQ, M8, etc. Kodi boxes can be buggy or have other quality issues.