1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

mx1 android box not working!?

Discussion in 'TV & Video' started by Allan Machleb, Sep 3, 2016.

1. Allan Machleb

Allan Machleb Lurker
    None

Sep 3, 2016
    Male
    First of all hello everyone

I have just purchased an MX1 android box with kodi already installed onto it.

plugged it in and I am coming up against an error message asking to check something or nothing works or no steams can be located, even you tube and netflix are not working or showbox.

nothing, narda, zip, !!!!!!

I am on talk talk for my internet provider and I have been in touch with them and they can't help me as my internet is working fine, so is it a duff box or do I have to remove the uploaded kodi and reload it back on to the box myself??

I am keeping my fingers crossed that you will give me the right advice and support to help me fix this problem, as I have a second box for my parents and that will need reconfiguration too.

Kind regards
    Allan

Advertisement

2. Andrew Cole

Andrew Cole Android Enthusiast
    None

Jun 12, 2016
    Male
    Is it only the Kodi app that you are having problems with?

mikedt likes this.
  3. mikedt

mikedt 你好

Sep 22, 2010
    Teachaaa
    Jinan, China
    Talk Talk, which means you're in the UK I think. One thing, UK ISPs can and do block illegal pirate streams like Showbox (available in China of course). However legal services like Netflix and YouTube should work though. Have you got the Netflix, etc. apps installed?

As for "reconfiguring", check with the vendor or consult the manual I think.

If in the end it's a duff, faulty, you'll have to return it for replacement or refund. These cheapo things often do have quite a high failure rate due to poor quality.

#3 mikedt, Sep 5, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 5, 2016
    Andrew Cole likes this.
  4. Andrew Cole

Andrew Cole Android Enthusiast
    None

Jun 12, 2016
    Male
    I think the original post has been edited which makes my subsequent reply look a bit daft...
    (If you want people to help you then please add to the conversation, thanks.) :)

But now that we have more information, we can narrow down the possible fault and solution options.

First, we have to determine whether or not the Android TV box is connected to the internet...
    Does the installed internet browser work?
    Does Google PlayStore work? (Can you download and install apps?)

mikedt likes this.