1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support MX4 Andriod TV BOX Bricked :(

Discussion in 'TV & Video' started by RevengeZA, Dec 5, 2016.

1. RevengeZA

RevengeZA Lurker
    None

Dec 5, 2016
    Hello all

Well let me explain what happened, so this guy I know asked me to upgrade his TV box firmware. So on the box it stats that it is an MXQ-4K, so I went and installed the wrong firmware... SAD right, after I opened the TV box on the 'motherboard' it states that is the MX4 tv box.

So I am asking this awesome group of intelligent people to assist me in getting this device unbricked...

So let me explain the symptoms, well the tv box does not come on..... At all? I tried the toothpick method so many times but nothing seems to work, tried google the answer but still have not found the solution..

PLEASE HELP ME :(

Advertisement

2. Andrew Cole

Andrew Cole Android Enthusiast
    None

Jun 12, 2016
    Male
    The wrong firmware? Oops...

Sorry, but the news is bad. Buy a new one - this one can't be salvaged. It's like installing Android software on an Iphone!

Yes - I know you'll keep searching the internet for a different answer and you may even find some inventive and imaginative fixes... but there is a reason why it's called 'bricked'!

Installing the correct firmware is fraught with risk... installing the wrong firmware is just a quick and painful death sentence.

El Presidente and mikedt like this.