1. Check out our app, Forums for Android! Download and leave feedback here!

MXQ can't see my 5g wifi

Discussion in 'Android TV' started by SlyDawg57, Jan 4, 2017.

1. SlyDawg57

SlyDawg57 New Member

Jan 4, 2017
    Male
    I have Spectrum (Time Warner Cable) internet. My phones see the 5g and able to connect.

I use to see and use 5g signal on my box but we had a problem with our modem and Spectrum came and changed the modem. Now the 5g signal is no where to be found on my MQX box.

Any suggestions.

Advertisement

2. Koopakid

Koopakid Member

Dec 20, 2016
    Male
    Are you sure the 5g signal is still enabled? Have you checked on other devices?

3. SlyDawg57

SlyDawg57 New Member

Jan 4, 2017
    Male
    Yes I have no problem with it on other devices. I run a Speedtest on my phone with 5g and it shows download speeds of 95mbps. If I'm not on 5g my download speed is around 10mbps

4. SlyDawg57

SlyDawg57 New Member

Jan 4, 2017
    Male
    Don't see the message that I received in an email......but as I stated in the original post I did have 5g capability prior to Spectrum having to change out my modem.

I have 5g on my phones and other devices but it no longer shows up on my tv box.

5. Koopakid

Koopakid Member

Dec 20, 2016
    Male
    Well depending where your router is compared to distance between your box this could be the issue. As I understand 5g wifi is a little faster and is great for devices in the same room as the router, but not great for distance. So maybe the new router doesn't produce as good as a signal as the old router.

6. zer0_cool

zer0_cool Member

Apr 5, 2011
    to my knowledge the mxq only picks up G networks and you are probably using an N signal when it comes to 5ghz networks. i have the same problem.

Andrew Cole likes this.