• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

MXQ PRO 4K Box Not Loading

schnack

Lurker
May 31, 2016
Hey guys. I bought this box not even a week ago. Before today, it worked great. It came with Kodi already installed and we got to watch some movies and I really enjoyed it.

This morning I came down to watch something and it was messed up. I went to pick a movie and all of a sudden, the screen slowly stopped loading and only loaded the images for half the movies. Next, it froze completely. So I did the next logical thing and unplugged the power. When I went to turn it back on after plugging it in, all it will do is turn on.

All the box does now is sit there with the bright blue light on. The remote does nothing and in fact, I can't turn the box off unless I fully unplug it. The box also does nothing on the TV. All it really does is turn on physically and nothing else.

The tv goes black and thats it. I tried hard resetting the box through the AV port but now that won't even load the reboot screen. I tried a few different hdmi cords and still nothing.

Not sure what to do. I contacted the company I bought it from a week ago and still waiting to hear from them. I was posting here to see if anyone knew a different way or a possible way to fix it.

Thank you.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones