• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

MXQ Pro S905 Issue

Hi everyone, I just bought this MXQ Pro S905. The problem is the remote. It work fine when I first plug the power supply in. It turn off and back on and does work fine. The issue is when I press the power to turn it off. After
10 minute or so, I can't turn the box on. Only way is to unplug the power cord and plug it back in. It will work again with no problem. But every time I turn it off and the box will have a red light, 10 minutes later the remote will not power it
on. So I purchased another remote thinking its the problem, but the second one does the same thing. I try both turning on and off the remote in setting with no luck. Anyone had this problem?

Oh yea true, mine came from china, theres a couple of things you can try, i bought an m8 box and i had nothing but trouble in the beginning, black screen half way through films, choppy playback , kicking me out of kodi quite often,i only use the box for kodi so i dont know wether it would have kicked me out on any other app sorry, so i done a factory reset, installed kodi with the tvaddons custom edition, turned the box upside down to let the heat escape better,(overheating was causing the box to restart) the black screen was fixed by unchecking the hdmi auto box, for some reason it would play sound no picture 30 mins into anything, also what version of kodi have you got, upgrade to the latest one,not sure if these will work but you never know

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones