1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

MXQ S805 Stock Android Image Help and original recovery

Discussion in 'Android Lounge' started by DolphinFlopFish, Jun 1, 2021.

1. DolphinFlopFish

Hello,

I have gotten a MXQ S805 and I am wanting to get Android Lollipop. I tried mxqproject.com/files but has recently gone down or been infected by a virus.

I have been searching XDA and FreakTab but could not find a thing, so I found here and was wondering if anyone could help?

Thanks

#1 DolphinFlopFish, Jun 1, 2021
    Last edited: Jun 2, 2021

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Dannydet

Dannydet Extreme Android User

If xda doesn't have it then nobody will

ocnbrze likes this.
  3. ocnbrze

ocnbrze DON'T PANIC!!!!!!!!!

if there are no updates, then there are no updates. everything i saw on the net suggests that the box only comes with android os 4.4. why do you need 5.1?

4. DolphinFlopFish

I used to have it on there after watching a video by the MXQProject on Youtube

It worked fine until one day I powered it on and a red light came on

I have recently found the stock software but when I held the recovery button with a toothpick while the SD Card was in, a blue turned on, now I cannot get any HDMI Output

5. mikedt

mikedt 你好

Think either there's a hardware fault, or that MXQ firmware isn't completely correct for your particular MXQ box.

Quite frankly I wouldn't even bother with a old box running Android 4 or 5, that hasn't been supported by apps and services for a long time now. Last year I bought a cheap T95 box running Android 10, which is supported, and works very well.

ocnbrze and Dannydet like this.
  6. DolphinFlopFish

I just want the software so i can flash to have the original software, i don't need to download apps on it, if anyone has a MXQ S805 and knows how to extract the software from the box or any websites I can get the software file

#6 DolphinFlopFish, Jun 1, 2021
  7. DolphinFlopFish

I found another website that had a ZIP file and I extracted its contents onto the SD Card. Here are its contents, "recovery.img", "factory_update_param.aml" and "m201-ota-20150816.zip", sadly it did not work as now I am getting a solid blue light with no HDMI Output, I have posted another threadhere is the link: https://androidforums.com/threads/mxq-s805-blue-light-no-hdmi-output.1335896/

8. DolphinFlopFish

would anyone have the original recovery.img file in which I can put on a sd card?

9. mikedt

mikedt 你好

ocnbrze and Dannydet like this.
  10. DolphinFlopFish

#10 DolphinFlopFish, Jun 2, 2021
  11. DolphinFlopFish

12. mikedt

mikedt 你好

From reading site, I think you copy it on an SD-card, and put it in your box.

ocnbrze likes this.
  13. DolphinFlopFish

I got a file and it restored to its factory settings.
    The file worked with the Amlogic Burner, if anyone wants to know where I got the file, I got it from this youtube video, just look in the description for the file (you have to use adf.ly for some reason):