• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

My 8Gb Transcend class 6 is slowing down the phone

I have recently bought a Transcend 8GB class6 but I have noticed that the phone generally behaved slower as compare to the time when i was using the stock SD. One possible reason maybe i have been installing more apps than previously... can some expert tell me how i can check my phone mem availability? from what i understand, the more apps i installed the less mem will be ava for running apps so in turn slowing the phone.

BUT one very noticeable lag i found is the music app! when the music app changes title during normal playback, most of the time for sure each song will lag (jitter) during the first 5secs. there r no problem with the mp3s coz i have been listening to them on itunes and other portable players!!

can anyone give me any suggestion / advise. i love the phone, but this issue is currently bugging me!

and will the performance improve if i root the phone? and can anyone suggest if there is another music player that i can use to test instead of the default one?

tks in advance

one of the first things i tried today when i picked up my hero, was tried to install my 8gb mini sd card from my old bb storm, the hero couldnt reconize it or something? is this because it may not be a "class 6" sd card? how do you tell?:thinking:

It's probably because you didn't unmount the first card that was in it. Sometimes it wont recognize the card automatically, and you will have to go into the settings and mount it manually.

Any microSD card should work in the Hero, regardless of its class, whether it be class 2, 4, or 6 (or even the fake class 10 which I'm sure will reach microSD formfactor before long).

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones