1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Tips My accidental good/bad fix for my battery..

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by JayS3, Oct 17, 2012.

1. JayS3

JayS3 Member
    None

Jun 29, 2012
    Entrepreneur
    London UK
    So yeah, I'm in that whiny crap battery crew, Always have gotten shoddy life. My usual % after 9 hours at work would be on average 30% 4% if lucky, With very mild usage, Only used on breaks here and there. Well yesterday I was at my shift, Started at 9am and at 2pm my battery was still 99% :thinking: I was in shock.. Got to like 4pm, 97%.. Im starting to think what the fudge, Has the issue solved itself? Then I think this is weird.. I haven't got any Watsapp of Facebook messages/updates all day.. Realised my mobile network was off!! Switched it on and low and behold a flutter of notifications came in, And I left it on, and the battery went back to its crappy self, But for once I got home with 85% still left! So I put it down to my network being crappy, But I have two other colleague who both own S3's and who are both one the same network, One gets the same lousy battery as I do but the other gets startling battery life, And his mobile network/wifi/gps are always on, He had 88% today after 8 hours whilst having made calls texts and listened to music.. Weird huh? Well I've now got my fix for when I'm at work.. Turn off mobile data whilst working then back on during breaks. Upside I can get home with well over half left, But downsides I cant get my messages and other things instantly. Well i guess if it was anything urgent the person would call or SMS me. Just my personal experience, Maybe some people based in the UK on t-mobile should try it out..

Advertisement

2. spartanrob

spartanrob Newbie
    None

Oct 7, 2012
    SE Lower Michigan
  3. Mabashi

Mabashi Member
    None

Nov 23, 2011
    Virginia, United States
  4. fdnj48

fdnj48 Android Enthusiast
    None

Jul 13, 2010
    Male
    Central Jersey
    Maybe a stupid question, but if you were still at like 30-40% when leaving work after 9 hours with the network on, why would you rather have it off and get no notifications just to have 80-90% when you leave work? It appears your battery was still making it through the workday so why limit your notifications????

jbdan likes this.
  5. Szadzik

Szadzik Extreme Android User
    None

Feb 15, 2010
    Male
    FAS Admin
    You just have a bunch of aps updating al the time and will never get good battery life. Very simple and there is no fix for what I call using the phone to its potential.

6. Rolo42

Rolo42 Android Enthusiast
    None

Mar 23, 2012
    Male
    Retired Electronics, Computer, Network Engineer
    Greensboro, NC
    You have apps using the network more than your buddy does; configure them to use less power/tone down their activity.

7. cincyrob

cincyrob Android Enthusiast
    None

and how do you do that? sorry for the dumb question, but im sure im not the only one that doesnt know???

8. Mabashi

Mabashi Member
    None

Nov 23, 2011
    Virginia, United States

this is the easiest way

9. Rolo42

Rolo42 Android Enthusiast
    None

Mar 23, 2012
    Male
    Retired Electronics, Computer, Network Engineer
    Greensboro, NC
    You have to configure each app (i.e. don't have mail checking every 5 minutes) to not be so active. You start by the most active apps listed in battery stats (or Better Battery Stats app).

JD is easier and is pretty much a workaround for this (by default it keeps your data connection off and wakes it every 15 minutes for ~1 minute).