1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

My Ally is dissapointing

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by gub150, Dec 21, 2011.

1. gub150

gub150 Lurker

Lg Ally's are horrible. i have had this phone for 9 months and i'm already having problems. It will shut off and start back up randomly, the touch screen will stop working, i will stop receiving calls and texts unless i shut it off (but how do i know if this is happening? I DON'T), it always tells me that my storage is full when i have 3 apps at the most installed and an empty inbox. It will tell me that the SD card is removed when it hasn't been touched. And Recently the touch screen stopped working, i removed the battery and turned it off and it's still not working. My recommendation for this phone is DON'T BUY IT! Your wasting your money and time. Very disspointing.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. amazinz5

amazinz5 Well-Known Member

If you're upset about limited storage on the phone you probably should have done some research before comitting to it. Losing signal and the touchscreen not working sound like problems with your device. Bring it in to verizon and see if they'll switch it out for you. You may want to revise your statement to don't buy a low-end phone expecting a high-end product. I just upgraded to the Bionic (one of the better phones available, and thus one of the more expensive) and even ignoring LTE the processor and storage are well worth the cost.

In short: Ally's are disappointing if you don't know what you're buying.

gub150 likes this.
  3. Biotic

Biotic Android Expert

You cannot judge a phone by just software and your own personal opinion. Every device can have the best performance in the world just by a software difference. Running stock firmware on an ally is horrible however once flashing one of our custom roms to it can have the performance of a droidx.
    In final... all phones are made as throw away devices. As soon as the razr came out, it was obsoluete the next day. Thats how i think of things electronic wize. If you dont understand the device hardware wize, do your research first.

gub150 likes this.
  4. JCDenton771

JCDenton771 Newbie

I would agree with you as I am having the exact same problems.

5. gub150

gub150 Lurker

I've done research on why my phone is acting this way and it seems that almost every other Ally user is having the exact same problems. Coincidence? I don't think so.

6. amazinz5

Losing data connections and touch screens not working is in fact coincidence. These are things Verizon should take care of if you take your device to your nearest store. As far as the limited space, like i said, you need to be aware of these things as you make your decision to buy it and/or find a way to solve them. If you root and flash velocity it will run and look better (I'd tell you how but someone would tell me there's a better/safer way, you can find instructions somewhere around here). You need to put as many apps as you can on your sd card and even then you must limit the number of apps downloaded.

7. dautley

dautley Android Expert

Ally is a OLD, OLD phone as far as Android's go, but you can still find new and refurbished ones all over the place. It was a excellent Android when it first came out and still has a strong community here. Rooting it and using a custom ROM may give you a performance boost, but I wouldn't recommend even considering one if your going to be stuck with it for two years at this stage.

gub150 likes this.
  8. gub150

gub150 Lurker

I don't have to worry about this piece of garbage anymore I just got the iphone 4s for christmas and its amazing.

9. db2u

db2u Well-Known Member

Its because it is a high end device. It runs a completely different OS too. Oh yeah, and you have had it for a few hours now, so comparisons are pretty moot. Enjoy it though, they are definitely nice but most people on these forums would not go for an apple phone.

gub150 likes this.
  10. amazinz5

why would you upgrade to a 3g phone?

11. Valkerie

Valkerie Android Enthusiast

I would probably upgrade to 3G also. 4G means nothing to me until there's service in my area and that won't happen for two years or so.

gub150 likes this.
  12. amazinz5

I guess that's valid, but if my area didn't have 4g I'd wait to upgrade until it did.

gub150 likes this.
  13. gub150

gub150 Lurker

Why wouldnt people on these forums not go for an apple phone?

14. amazinz5

Droids and iphones arent for everyone. If you can figure out how to use a droid it makes no sense to get an iphone. if you still don't get it then i'm sure you'll love your iphone.

15. db2u

db2u Well-Known Member

its like asking a Dodge truck owner why he doesnt want a Mazda Miata. They both do the same basic job (transportation or communication) but get you there in different manners. Style, methods, company loyalty, etc all come into play.

gub150 likes this.
  16. Slug

Slug Check six!
    VIP Member

There's a clue in the site name.... Android Forums? That kind of betrays the focus of most of the members here. :) Not that many don't also use iOS, Symbian, RIM or even Windows Mobile devices, but first and foremost this is a place for Android enthusiasts to share experiences and support.

Sorry you had problems with yours, but at least you've got something that works well for you now and that's what's important.

gub150 and Steven58 like this.

LG Ally Forum

Features and specs are not yet known.

unknown
Release Date
Reviews