• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

My amazon fire stick 2nd generation won't recognize the wired connection?

psongman

Lurker
Mar 9, 2018
Hi, hope you can help me. I just received the ethernet to usb cable and ran the ethernet to the otg cable and hooked it all up...but, always a but, still using my wireless connection, not showing the wired one that everyone keeps telling me I should look for under Networks. So any help appreciated, tx for assisting, psongman

With a typical computer operating system, they tend to include a lot of drivers and external hardware support that just gets auto-loaded/configured when necessary, or can be installed through an online search for the appropriate driver. With most mobile devices, they usually aren't as expansive and only have driver/hardware support on a more limited basis.
Without more details on just which devices you're actually plugging together it's hard to be more definitive but it sounds like it's a matter where just because you have the hardware connected together, there's still the software issue.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones