• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

My Android phone battery is not charging.

Hello people! I am using Cool pad note 3 Android device. Its been 2 years and I have rooted my phone a year ago. Suddenly I am not able to charge my phone. Have tried everything from changing charger to changing data cable to changing socket, yet nothing works.

And when I connected my phone to PC, my PC hanged! yep it freezes and a pop up came from bottom right corner saying , 'POWER SURGE ON HUB PORT'. what does it actually mean? please help.

Thanks in advance :)

Attachments

• IMG-20171216-WA0001.jpg
    IMG-20171216-WA0001.jpg
    109 KB · Views: 112
That very much sounds like a hardware fault, possibly something fried in the phone itself. The PC is basically telling you that the phone is short circuiting the USB port.

Professional repair is required. If it's worth it or not for a 2 year old Coolpad, don't know.

Thanks a lot for the suggestion! but what might be the cause of hardware fault?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones