1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

My Android phone dies at 85% battery life... HELP; need a solution!

Discussion in 'Android Help' started by Kumar Vinod BTM, Nov 28, 2018.

1. Kumar Vinod BTM

Hello techies;
    Off late my Android phone is acting weird. It takes about 45 minutes to an hour to get charged completely and then when I start using it, the charging levels drop down pretty quickly. Once the phone's battery life gets below 85% it dies out completely. Checked the Battery usage and there's a steep curve down after it reaches 85%.

I have already changed the old battery for a new one, but that doesn't seem to be a solution. The problem still persists. After checking a couple of blogs I did wipe out the "cache partition" just hoping the problem would be resolved. But that too didn't stop my phone's addictive nature of being charged 24/7; yes, that's true. I have to keep my phone connected to a charger while at home, to a USB while at work and to the jack while commuting! I am barely able to perform any task or answer a call without keeping my phone charged continuously.

I did check this with a local service center and they seem to have no clue (I know they aren't capable enough)

I am pretty frustrated now! any good techie's out there who can help me out with a solution for this.
    I can buy a new phone like tomorrow, but just want to defy myself on getting this current problem sorted.

By the way; I use a Panasonic Eluga i2.

Thanks in advance! Cheers!

2. Deleted User

Deleted User Guest

It ckuld be a firmware issue try factory resetting it

3. Kumar Vinod BTM

I did that too but in vain!
    Please keep me posted if you are able to suggest other possible solutions!

4. Kumar Vinod BTM

Another info! Thought this might help.
    At times; when I restart my phone it says "Android is starting: Optimizing app 1 of 51" and this takes nearly 20 minutes to complete.

5. lvt

lvt Android Expert

It means that your phone has downloaded a new version of Android and the installation is still in progress.

If it does it again even after completion, it could be a huge issue with the phone. The phone is either too slow for the new Android version or many apps aren't 100% compatible.

Ash86 likes this.
  6. steiny180

steiny180 Android Enthusiast

1. Fully discharge your battery by leaving your phone on until it shuts down by itself.
    1a. To expedite the shutting down, set your screen brightness to maximum with NO timeout.
    2. Recharge to 100%.
    3. Restart your phone.
    4. Let us know what happens.

Ash86 likes this.