1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

My Android phone "mutes" itealf seemingly intermittently

Discussion in 'Android Help' started by Badgerseat, Feb 15, 2016.

1. Badgerseat

Badgerseat Guest

Hello, I am having an issue with my Android phone. It is silencing itself intermittently. I have tried to figure out some kind of pattern but the only indicator is that it happens after short and long periods of inactivity. It hasn't silenced itself while being used yet.
    I am using a Motorola moto X (2014) with Android 6.0.
    Another thing to note is that it is not silencing in the way it would if I were to manually silence the phone. If i press the volume up or down buttons once it will make the volume bar show up at the top which shows the image of a bell and the bar showing the current volume. If this self silencing has occurred, there is a slash through the Bell but the volume bar is still up where it should be. The only way to get sound again is to press volume up again.
    I've looked around online quite a bit and have found no information on this and hope that someone can help me with this. Missing calls and alarms is not good at all.

Thanks

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Badgerseat

Badgerseat Lurker

Here is a picture of what the volume bar looks like when this happens.
    [​IMG]

3. Hadron

Hadron Smoke me a kipper...
    VIP Member

You don't have anything that can mute it e.g. during calendar events? Some calendar apps have that option (you'd know if you'd set up an automation app to do that, so I'm trying to think of something where it might be a default option which you might not know about).

4. Badgerseat

Badgerseat Lurker

There aren't any settings in my calendar app that I'm aware of. I did go through my apps and disable them one by one to see if anything changed but it was still having this problem. One app I thought might be the culprit was "soundabout" but I deleted it as I don't have need for it anymore.

Also I forgot to mention that it does still vibrate when this happens.