1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

"my apps" missing from market app

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by may2700, Sep 17, 2011.

1. may2700

may2700 Well-Known Member

read all posts for other phones and no one seems to have an answer so figured i would post here too. i got a notification that i had 5 app updates. so i went to the market app, pressed my apps and lo and behold it only had 2 of my apps (have about 30). the only 2 showing up were "maps" and "you tube" everything else was missing. i clicked settings and cleared the cach, force stoped the app and even restarted the phone but nothing seems to bring back the apps. the only thing that has helped is i went into the regular market screen, clicked "top paid" and "top free" and whatever apps i allready had installed showed "update" instead of "install" next to them, when i hit update they showed up in "my apps" i am not going thru my entire phone app by app looking for updates. anyone else having this problem or better yet, have a fix for it?

Advertisement

2. may2700

may2700 Well-Known Member

ok, kinda fixed the problem, i have more than 1 google account and for some reason under settings it changed to a different account, so when i selected my main account it comes back, but for some reason it keeps going back to the wrong account.

3. johnlgalt

johnlgalt Antidisestablishmentarian

Whichever account you logged into the phone first becomes the primary account. If you bought apps under a different account, it will not use that as default unless you set up your phone with that account first.

At least for now - I think I read somewhere that being able to set a default account for various aspects of Google services independent of what you use to set up your phone is coming....