1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support My apps on SD wont show in the drawer?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by OmniCoRp, Sep 27, 2011.

1. OmniCoRp

OmniCoRp Member
    None

Jun 8, 2010
    School
    Denmark
    Recentley i've begun having alot of problems with my phone. Alot of new problems, and quite serious problems, that is!

One of them is that the apps i have on my SD card won't show in my app drawer?

I have used Apps2SD to move them and it was all great for a while.
    But now, once i reboot my phone, all the apps on the SD card doesn't show in the app drawer?
    And i then have to move alle the apps back over on to phone to get them to show again. Then i can move them back to the SD card, and they will still show. But once my phone reboots again, same thing happens!

It hasn't always done this, so i don't know what's causing it?

And also, i have lately been have some stability problems and USB connection problems, so i wanted to ask if there is any app that can do something like a system check to see if anything is wrong?

Advertisement

2. beau420

beau420 Android Expert
    None

Nov 10, 2010
    Computer Guy
    Ottawa
    Probably aren't going to like my solution.

First, make sure you are running the latest version of Android.

Then set the phone back to factory default (resetting the permissions on the SDCard) then try again. Settings->Privacy

If it started doing this after an upgrade to 2.1 or an upgrade to 2.3, then I have seen it before.

Not sure what you mean by USB stability. Maybe try a different port on your computer.

3. OmniCoRp

OmniCoRp Member
    None

Jun 8, 2010
    School
    Denmark
    It has only just begun doing it. It didn't do it when i upgraded to 2.3.

And won't resseting the phone to factory delete everything on the phone?

And not USB stability, but general phone stability and USB connection problem. Two seperat things

4. beau420

beau420 Android Expert
    None

Nov 10, 2010
    Computer Guy
    Ottawa
    Resetting will definitely delete everything.

When you moved from 2.1 to 2.3 did you format the SDCard? Well you should have.

The correct way to install 2.3 is by installing on 2.1 with NO apps installed and no user data...hence, factory default.

Not USB stability but general phone stability and USB connection problem? You need to elaborate. But my guess is that I will again suggest a factory default reset if you haven't tried.

No real way to identify a potential USB hardware issue with any sort of software.

5. OmniCoRp

OmniCoRp Member
    None

Jun 8, 2010
    School
    Denmark
    Well lately my phone have started having these "seasures", where it completely spasems out, and i can't do anything but try and reboot. And also sometimes it won't show apps correctly. That's what i mean by phone stability.

And the USB connection problems, is also kinda new. It will sometimes disconnect itself, even when im not touching it. I can tell because it makes that sound on the computer. But also i've experienced that instead of charging when plugged in, it actually drained power?

I will think about reseting to factory, but i just don't want to have to get everything back again. It's such a pain in the ***.

6. beau420

beau420 Android Expert
    None

Nov 10, 2010
    Computer Guy
    Ottawa
    Not your computer and it having some sort of USB power saving issue?

Instead of spending hours and days trying to diagnose 1 potential file that didn't update or didn't create it's own file.

Do a sync online and backup all your contacts, backup any apps you want (or drag and drop all the files onto your computer)

Then do a factory reset....might want to reflash to 2.3 just to be sure.

Or remove all apps from your phone and see if it does the same thing. Maybe there are some apps that are causing the problem.

7. 916x10

916x10 Android Enthusiast
    None

Nov 13, 2010
    Backing up ur phone is easy, just use mybackup, its free on the market. Do an apk + data backup for ur apps but backup as little as possible as far as system data....I only backup sms/mms, call log, stuff like that. Backup ur contacts via the contacts app, open up contacts, hit the menu button and select backup contacts. Make a copy of ur current contents on ur sdcard by saving all its files to a folder on ur pc, format ur sdcard in fat32 and begin the process of the fresh install as suggested above.

Once thats done, find the folder containing ur contacts backup and the one containing ur apps/data backup and move both folders back to ur sdcard. Go into the contacts app and hit the menu button, select restore contacts. Download mybackup again and restore ur apps (apk's first, then data), then restore whatever data u backed up. Done deal.