1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

My Ascend: Officially Retired

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by BlastGT1, Dec 27, 2011.

1. BlastGT1

BlastGT1 Android Enthusiast

My turn to post this type of thread.....

As of December 24th, I have officially replaced my Ascend with an HTC Droid Incredible fully flashed to MetroPCS. I did not have an easy time of getting the Incredible working with MetroPCS, but as it turns out, I just needed to revert it back to stock and then call to have them switch phones on my account, followed up by using QPST to change a few things to get data working. The phone had previously been Metroflashed, therefore the ESN was already in the system, so the issue was on my end.

To my Ascend, my first smartphone and first Android phone, you were truly the little phone that could, and an icon for Androids on prepaid carriers, because you put us on the map in the development world. Before you, those of us on a prepaid carrier could only dream of having all the custom goodness that people on contract carriers got on their phones, and we all looked on with envy. Because of you, some were inspired to learn to develop, and others turned their attention towards prepaid phones because there was a demand for their skills. Thanks to you, many have had new worlds opened to them, and gotten more than their money's worth in terms of newfound enjoyment.

To my Ascend, I say Thank You. It has been a wonderful run.

travioso, ShinySide, lriv and 3 others like this.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. KOLIO

KOLIO Guest

CONGRATULATIONS! Enjoy your new DINC!
    Pardon the pun,but,here it goes:

It's been a BLAST having your presence here in the ASCEND ASYLUM! :)

3. Johnny Crapple

Johnny Crapple Android Expert

Awww i have a tear in my eye but hopefully I can upgrade soon too lol o_O

4. Gmash

Gmash Extreme Android User

Congrats, Blast!

5. lriv

lriv Well-Known Member

make sure you frame that bad boy and mount it on the wall!! :)

I know that's where mine is going when I upgrade...

6. DMajor239

DMajor239 Android Expert

The trash? Lol jk

lriv likes this.
  7. BlastGT1

BlastGT1 Android Enthusiast

I won't disappear from this forum until the Ascend is no longer sold or used by anybody, as the site I run and co-own these days (click my sig if you want to see it) is focused specifically on Android phones sold by prepaid carriers. Lots of people still have an Ascend, so it may be a little while yet before there is no longer a need to participate in this Ascend section or many other prepaid phone sections. I've been active here at various times in the year I've had my Ascend, and it's been wonderful talking with all the different people around here, so there's no reason for me to leave. :)

Can0dope and lriv like this.