• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help My attain won't stay on for the life of me.

Ashman319

Lurker
Nov 1, 2012
So yea I've had my attain for about 7 months now no real big problems except for as of late. My phone started just randomly shutting off, either in the middle of an app or when it went to the lock screen from a timeout. I thought nothing of it until it started getting worse, not staying on for even a minute or just shutting off again somewhere in the start-up screens. I re-installed my root and it worked a little better for a moment, fixed my 4g settings somehow (finally) then went right back to the no-go status. Well then I tried a factory reset and it won't even load past the metropcs logo... What to do? I plan on taking it to a store within a few days but if there's something I can do I'll take it :eek:

I did a factory reset (about 4 times since it wouldn't even try to boot the 3 times before) then it worked okay for about 2 hours then started doing it. I have noticed it won't load at all if I try right after it dies but if I wait longer it seems to progress better and take longer to die to what I hope means my battery either overheats or is just absolute garbage, or something else may be overheating or barely connected in the top half of my phone (antenna again I hope) And yes after the reset it automatically made me update doesn't really help other than I can now get all my 4g crap

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones