1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

My Backup Pro Calendar Issues

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by mfehrmann, Feb 25, 2011.

1. mfehrmann

mfehrmann Lurker
    None

Feb 25, 2011
    I have an issue I want to see if anyone has faced before.

On a Motorola Droid (The original one) I used My Backup Pro to backup all data on the phone because I was getting a new Droid X.

Keep in mind I have a corporate Sync account that syncs my phone with my Exchange server for Calendar, Contacts, and Mail.

Now, I get the new Droid X, I use My Backup Pro to restore all data to my Droid X. First off it restored my home screen one page off. But here is the major glitch. It restored my calendar data on the new Droid X, then when I set up corporate sync it wiped my entire calendar out on the Exchange server. Everything in the future is gone!

Has anyone seen anything funky happen when backing up from one Droid phone, then restoring to a newer Droid phone. You wouldn't think anything would happen because they are both Motorola, and running the same version of the Droid software. But there was a lot of funky stuff going on.

Advertisement

2. drewcam888

drewcam888 Guest
    None
    If you sync your calendar you should uncheck calendar backup because syncing loads it up. The backups are known to have issues with calendar when syncs. I always uncheck calendar and contacts when I backup because they are synced to my phone.