1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Support My battery is getting worse

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by steve6884, Feb 19, 2011.

1. steve6884

steve6884 Member

I got my phone in November and usually it is near dead by 11 or 12 at night which can live with if I use the phone alot. Yesterday I turned the phone on at about 9 am and I was out all day and the bluetooth and wireless were off for most of the day. I barely played any games and I took like 3 pictures and sent some texts. By 9 pm the phone had less then 10% of the battery left. I bought 2 extra batteries on ebay and am glad I have the option to use them when needed but the battery that came with the phone should sure last more then 12 hours with below average usage shouldnt it? I have done that battery calibrating thing that has been suggested on here where you charge the battery to full while on and off and that doesnt seem to have heled at all.

Advertisement

2. Jack45

Jack45 Android Expert

sremick likes this.
  3. steve6884

steve6884 Member

I have read it and follow most of the rules. I have plain boring wallpaper and my display settings are set to automatic. I almost never use bluetooth because it doesnt work with my car anyway. Not going to turn my phone off during the day because it defeats the purpose of having a phone. It is turned off overnight. I know no smart phone battery is perfect and can accept it being dead by the end of the day when I use it alot but yesterday I barely used it and it still ran out and that is unacceptable.

4. shark974

shark974 Well-Known Member

my battery is ok...if you have extra batteries, maybe the one you're using is just bad, swap it for a different one and see.

honestly 12 hours of use though, it's possible you just ran through that much battery, i dont know.

5. Jack45

Jack45 Android Expert

One last check. What's your WiFi sleep policy set to?

6. BookLover

BookLover Android Expert

If you were in a bad signal area while you were out and about, that would have had a detrimental affect on your battery.

7. speedfreak32

speedfreak32 Well-Known Member

I have noticed that batteries charged in the phone seem to get worse as time goes by. I will swap them and charge them in a wall charger and they seem to regain their capacity. I have no proof of this, but it seems to be the case in my situation.

8. cincyrob

cincyrob Android Enthusiast

i use mine most all day with original battery in it and it gets to about 10% around 11:00pm but i charge it at night and is good to go in the morning. just something to try.

is a spare battery expensive for these phones?

9. speedfreak32

speedfreak32 Well-Known Member

EBay... 2 batteries and a charger for 10$ shipped. Can't beat em.