• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

My battery pull tab is gone :(

I wasn't an idiot and pulled it out on purpose. But maybe from pulling it from having my phone rooted is the cause. Anyways, its gone.

Does anyone have any fixes?

I was thinking of putting scotch tape around the battery with a little slack from both ends on the one side, so I have a non sticky homemade "pull tab". It should work but just wondering if anyone has a better idea i'm not thinking of. Thanks.

I wasn't an idiot and pulled it out on purpose. But maybe from pulling it from having my phone rooted is the cause. Anyways, its gone.

Does anyone have any fixes?

I was thinking of putting scotch tape around the battery with a little slack from both ends on the one side, so I have a non sticky homemade "pull tab". It should work but just wondering if anyone has a better idea i'm not thinking of. Thanks.

If the black part of the tab (the larger piece that is flat in the phone) is still there just make a new tab with some clear packing tape.

Upvote 0
If the black part of the tab (the large piece that is flat in the phone) is still there just make a new tab with some clear packing tape.

sadly....its not
my battery was jammed and actually the metal strip side of the battery came loose
so i have no power and the phone wont boot...although when i plug it in the screen comes on and the battery screen has a big ? on it

verizon wants me to come to a store when its clearly the battery and my phone is rooted so i want to avoid that

i'd rather buy a $30 battery than void my warranty

Upvote 0
I was able to pry mine out very easily with a flathead screwdriver, designed for electronics (just a small, thin flathead, really).

After that, I'd see if it will fit in ok, with a single wrap of electrical tape around it, with a little tab of it sticking out.

I still had my tab, so I was able to put it back in after my blunder, but if you need a more permanent solution you could always super glue a strip of thin plastic (think like a cut screen protector), into the place where the original tab would go.

I'm not sure about the warranty issue, but when I had initially pulled it out by mistake, I read a bunch in forums where others had done the same, and they stated it won't breach the warranty to have removed it by mistake. Motorola told me to contact Verizon though. Moto was worthless for giving any assistance.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones