• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

My Bottom Buttons are Slightly Purple

Well, I exchanged my phone again today, and now all 4 buttons have the purple hue. I was marginally satisfied with that, because I can tolerate it if they all match. What was throwing me mostly was that some were purple and some were bright white. I think that even though they are appearing purple, they are probably just dim.

Upvote 0
hate to wake an old thread but i just got a replacement milestone (Telus) and this one has purple buttons. I had to return my first one it would not hold a charge and ran really hot like 42 deg. c. i am not sure if i am happy with the purple buttons the ones on my first one were bright white and perfectly even. on this new on the search button is brighter then the rest. not sure what to do.

Upvote 0
hate to wake an old thread but i just got a replacement milestone (Telus) and this one has purple buttons. I had to return my first one it would not hold a charge and ran really hot like 42 deg. c. i am not sure if i am happy with the purple buttons the ones on my first one were bright white and perfectly even. on this new on the search button is brighter then the rest. not sure what to do.

Just got my droid...

When I first got it I could have sworn the buttons were white?...but within a couple of hours I got the purple ones?...

Upvote 0
Ok well I recently did a warranty replacement and realized a few things about my old Droid
I always knew the buttons were purple unlike the normal white one's on other Droids
But also my old keyboard had a different feel to it
The new one is flat
Where as my original has slightly protruding buttons
Also my original SD card looks like some cheap Japanese p.o.s.
And the new SD card is a SanDisk

Did I get ripped off by Verizon with a wannabe Droid?
The new one seems much sleeker and just all around better
My old one had problems since I got it
Like muting me randomly while I'm on the phone

Upvote 0
Ok well I recently did a warranty replacement and realized a few things about my old Droid
I always knew the buttons were purple unlike the normal white one's on other Droids
But also my old keyboard had a different feel to it
The new one is flat
Where as my original has slightly protruding buttons
Also my original SD card looks like some cheap Japanese p.o.s.
And the new SD card is a SanDisk

Did I get ripped off by Verizon with a wannabe Droid?
The new one seems much sleeker and just all around better
My old one had problems since I got it
Like muting me randomly while I'm on the phone

LOL no. The differences are just because they were made at different times and possibly at different locations.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones