• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

my boy emulator choppy sound

Is it a game boy emulator we are talking about? Try fooling around with the frame skip, that could be what's causing it.
it is a game boy advanced emulator
i already tried changing the frameskip
i tried all the settings
i tried some other gba emulators (john's gba, gbaoid) and their setting
but its the same or either worse

a few moths ago i had uninstalled the same version of myboy!. today i reinstalled it and now laggy sound :(

Upvote 0
it is a game boy advanced emulator
i already tried changing the frameskip
i tried all the settings
i tried some other gba emulators (john's gba, gbaoid) and their setting
but its the same or either worse

a few moths ago i had uninstalled the same version of myboy!. today i reinstalled it and now laggy sound :(

This may seem like a silly question, but we are trying to pin point the problem here, so let me ask. When you had it before the sound was fine?

Reactions: miltonius
Upvote 0
i apologize for my poor english
yes the sound was very good before i uninstalled it for a few months
and within that period i dont think there were any huge changes in phone's data

Don't worry about it, just wanted to clarify. Are you using the same Roms as before? They could have become corrupted when you uninstalled the emu the first time!

Upvote 0
Try to uninstall it again, and then go through the phone via your PC and make sure nothing is left, maybe some data from the first time is causing a conflict. Delete anything you find and try installing it again.

tried but that didnt work

i dont think there's any problem with roms and im not sure whether it is being caused by emulators as i have tried multiple gba emulators

but it cant be a problem with my phone as i had not installed or deleted anything and i dont remember changing any related setting within the period the gba emulator was absent and also my phone is able to play songs or audio from other (non emulator) games completely fine

Upvote 0
It shouldn't be a bad game ROM causing choppy sound in an emulator. Usually if a ROM is corrupted or incomplete or whatever, it just won't work. Choppy sound can be caused by certain games though if the emulator is not upto it and/or is running on under powered hardware, or possibly there's something else running in the background slowing the thing down, like say Facebook or an IM or VOIP app.

Upvote 0
Glad to hear it dude, but tell us how you fixed it!!!!!Lol

i really dont know. i just kept redoing things you were suggesting and trying to experiment with many games and then when i returned to pokemon firered (the only game i was wanted to correctly play from the beggining)
things were better than before

but its not perfect as although the sound is less choppy the graphics seem to lag occasionaly

i wish i could make it as perfect as before but i am satisfied :)

Upvote 0
i really dont know. i just kept redoing things you were suggesting and trying to experiment with many games and then when i returned to pokemon firered (the only game i was wanted to correctly play from the beggining)
things were better than before

but its not perfect as although the sound is less choppy the graphics seem to lag occasionaly

i wish i could make it as perfect as before but i am satisfied :)

As long as you are satisfied that is the main thing. Hope you catch them all!:):)

Upvote 0
I had the same issue but with another emulator, I worked out how to solve that but not 100 percent sure if it will be the same on all emulators. The problem of pokemon is we intend to play that for a super long emulator session which causing the issue. Simply save through the actual game but not emulator, restart app, then start a new session, load the actual gba save (but not emulator save), now you should solve it :)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones