• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

My Carrier just launched a Hspda+ network and I was wondering...

Nope. European phones run 2100mhz for data. You have to wait for HTC to release a U.S. spec Desire HD or switch to a provider that runs 2100mhz.

Plus, the Desire HD only supports HSPA. Not HSPA+. It won't utilize the full speed of the new network.

If you want something that utilizes the full potential of HSPA+, get a T-Mobile G2 when it comes out.

Upvote 0
Actually the Desire HD is HSPA+ at 14.4, the same as the G2 (which is the same phone as the Desire Z).

And darklide, judging from some of the other threads I've seen you in, I gave you some incomplete frequency info yesterday. Sure is annoying trying to keep track of which versions of which models use which frequencies and which networks they're compatible with.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones