1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

My Cast Weather by Digital Cyclone, Inc.

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by Bswartz95, Dec 28, 2010.

1. Bswartz95

Bswartz95 Android Expert

This is by far my favorite weather app for Android. It is very detailed and has great maps. I just noticed that the developer released a "lite" version of the app that is free (the paid version is $3.99). What's amazing to me is that the "lite" version has a far better UI. The lite version also has severe notifications, which the paid version does not.

I contacted the developer and they said that the paid version will be receiving an "enhancement" in the next several months. Seems to me that this should have occurred first.

Anyway, I just wanted to pass this information along because I noticed the negative comments in the market because of this problem.

Free "lite" version: My-Cast Weather Lite - Android app on AppBrain

Paid version: My-Cast Weather - Android app on AppBrain

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. timbuk2

timbuk2 Well-Known Member

Also seems like you'd be able to turn it on when wanted.. looks like you just have to kill the app every time you turn your phone on to save on data and/or battery.

I'm new to Android, but MyCast is the greatest app ever on my old Razr2V9x. The animated radar was the most accurate we could find. I do agree that on Android, the Lite is better than the Pro.