1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

My cool story of a Droid X triumph

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Legacystar, Dec 9, 2010.

1. Legacystar

Legacystar Android Enthusiast
    None

Nov 10, 2009
    Well this all started because my roommate , who is in charge of paying the cable bill, allowed our service to get disconnected leaving me with nothing but my Droid x. I don't have a laptop nor do i have a wifi card in my pc, so my only choice to get internet on my PC was to USB tether with Easytether. but anyone who's used those knows if you don't pay, you can't get HTTPS.

So...... my solution, got the hacked 3g hotspot that uses infrastructure, got third party firmware for my linksys router, and turned my router into a wifi bridge and connected it to my Droid X hotspot!!

works good now i don't have to have my phone wired to my computer and i can plug anything into the router that needs internet!!

In closing, i know i'm going to get grief from those that think people who tether are going to ruin it for everyone. I'm not over using it playing games or anything, not even streaming video. Ive only ever tethered when my home internet is out of service.

DROID X SAVES THE DAY

Advertisement

jroc and kalanw like this.
  2. Outlaw71

Outlaw71 Android Expert
    None

Sounds like your roomie deserves some payback then. So I suggest waiting until just the right time, when he/she's doing something internet intensive that relies heavily on having a connection, and just at that moment tell him/her (there was no mention of gender in your post) that you need to run to the store real quick for a Redbull or something... and of course you can't bare to be without your beloved DX for even 10 or 15 minutes, heaven forbid you got into an accident and NEEDED it or anything.

Then when he/she cries, "but I'll lose my internet signal"!!! Whisper softly, "yes, well perhaps you should pay the bill on time next month then eh"! And walk out of the door, DX in hand.

;)

jroc likes this.
  3. Legacystar

Legacystar Android Enthusiast
    None

Nov 10, 2009
    hahaha, you know what sweetens the pot more....he's on AT&T and gets shit service at our place lol. im not letting him use his pc on my droid connection....i may let him connect his phone but i'll have to see how im feeling at the time lol

4. kalanw

kalanw Lurker
    None

Sep 30, 2010
  5. G.Armour

G.Armour You know you want to.
    None

Jan 11, 2010
    Truck driver/ driver mentor. I train people to dri
    Georgia
    Awesome story!