1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

My designated button on side for Camera...

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by briankink, Apr 24, 2012.

1. briankink

briankink Lurker

defaults to Hancent SMS App, a box where you can type a message pops up instead of the camera app....

HELP?

Can I fix this without uninstalling Handcent App?

Thanks in advance

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. drexappeal

drexappeal Extreme Android User

There must be a setting on an app you have installed that is forcing the camera button to launch handcent instead of the camera. I'd check though all the apps you have that can re-purpose the hard buttons for different functions. There's gotta be a way to change the setting to the default funtion.

KOLIO likes this.
  3. KOLIO

KOLIO Guest

+1 I just loaded up HANDCENT SMS & cannot duplicate the camera button issue that you're experiencing.

I'd suggest booting into SAFEMODE & then re-load HANDCENT SMS to troubleshoot/eliminate HANDCENT SMS as the possible culprit.

If the problem persists,I'd contact the developer ofthe HANDCENT SMS app.

4. drexappeal

drexappeal Extreme Android User

Thing is, I don't even know if it's handcent. Does handcent have any settings where you can have a different button launch the app?

I think it may be a different app, where there is an option to dedicate a button to launch a different app.

I know that widget locker has some settings like that, where you can have one of the hard buttons re-purposed to open an app. There are a few other apps I know can do something similar as well.

KOLIO likes this.
  5. KOLIO

KOLIO Guest

It's most likely a different app that's causing the problem. I've combed the HANDCENT SMS settings & nothing jumps out to indicate that HANDCENT SMS is the problem.

6. busted bones

busted bones Android Enthusiast

I can't duplicate the issue either. Have you tried uninstalling handcent and reinstalling it?

Motorola Photon 4G Forum

The Motorola Photon 4G release date was August 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, Nvidia Tegra 2 AP20H processor, and 1700mAh battery.

August 2011
Release Date
Reviews