• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

My designated button on side for Camera...

defaults to Hancent SMS App, a box where you can type a message pops up instead of the camera app....

HELP?

Can I fix this without uninstalling Handcent App?

Thanks in advance

There must be a setting on an app you have installed that is forcing the camera button to launch handcent instead of the camera. I'd check though all the apps you have that can re-purpose the hard buttons for different functions. There's gotta be a way to change the setting to the default funtion.

Reactions: KOLIO
Upvote 0
drexappeal;[URL="tel:4281982" said:
4281982[/URL]]There must be a setting on an app you have installed that is forcing the camera button to launch handcent instead of the camera. I'd check though all the apps you have that can re-purpose the hard buttons for different functions. There's gotta be a way to change the setting to the default funtion.

+1 I just loaded up HANDCENT SMS & cannot duplicate the camera button issue that you're experiencing.

I'd suggest booting into SAFEMODE & then re-load HANDCENT SMS to troubleshoot/eliminate HANDCENT SMS as the possible culprit.

If the problem persists,I'd contact the developer ofthe HANDCENT SMS app.

Upvote 0
+1 I just loaded up HANDCENT SMS & cannot duplicate the camera button issue that you're experiencing.

I'd suggest booting into SAFEMODE & then re-load HANDCENT SMS to troubleshoot/eliminate HANDCENT SMS as the possible culprit.

If the problem persists,I'd contact the developer ofthe HANDCENT SMS app.

Thing is, I don't even know if it's handcent. Does handcent have any settings where you can have a different button launch the app?

I think it may be a different app, where there is an option to dedicate a button to launch a different app.

I know that widget locker has some settings like that, where you can have one of the hard buttons re-purposed to open an app. There are a few other apps I know can do something similar as well.

Reactions: KOLIO
Upvote 0
Thing is, I don't even know if it's handcent. Does handcent have any settings where you can have a different button launch the app?

I think it may be a different app, where there is an option to dedicate a button to launch a different app.

I know that widget locker has some settings like that, where you can have one of the hard buttons re-purposed to open an app. There are a few other apps I know can do something similar as well.

It's most likely a different app that's causing the problem. I've combed the HANDCENT SMS settings & nothing jumps out to indicate that HANDCENT SMS is the problem.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones