• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

my desire wont power off

mattressback

May 28, 2010
hi, i rarely have the need to turn the phone completely off but i did attempt it last night it came up with the "power off shutting down box" with the spinning "thinking wheel" and the screen went black but when i came to turn it back on 3 hours later it still had exactly the same thing on the screen "power off... shutting down"

the only way to completely cycle the power then was to remove the battery

any ideas why this might be?

thanks

I am going to guess there was some task that wouldn't die properly although I would have thought it would have timed out and just shutdown regardless. Did you try turning it off properly after rebooting with the battery re-installed?

yeah left the battery out 20mins still the same, have task killer as well and ran that before shutting it down, even removed the live wallpaper.

i will search for other discussion though i did look before i posted but must have missed it

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones