• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

My DIY Lego Dock

Hey, where can I buy a bunch of lego pieces? I don't really know where my legos are...they are in a box somewhere and there is no way in hell I would find them. I don't want to buy a big set of legos that build some sort of castle and ship, I imagine it would be a lot cheaper just getting a ton of blocks, etc. So what is the place for that?
You can go to Lego's website and purchase individual blocks. Now if only anthfett06 could give us the parts list. :D

Upvote 0
Hey, where can I buy a bunch of lego pieces? I don't really know where my legos are...they are in a box somewhere and there is no way in hell I would find them. I don't want to buy a big set of legos that build some sort of castle and ship, I imagine it would be a lot cheaper just getting a ton of blocks, etc. So what is the place for that?

Lego store. Seriously, there are 2 local malls that have one.

Upvote 0
hey this is completely off topic but i am wondering if all the pictures you posted, except for the very last one with the phone in the dock, were taken with your Droid. I hope not but I have a feeling they were, and it makes me sad... look at the difference...

tell me no

anyways, original idea. i like it.

Unfortunately yes they were taken with my droid. It makes me sad too. The camera is awful on the droid. I think my LGvx8300 took better pictures than this. The last pic was taken with my cybershot.

But wow I didn't realize how much response this thread would get haha. As the one who requested a parts list. Well like I said before I barely had enough black pieces to get this altogether, so I used whatever I could. The best pieces to get I would say are the 2x4 and the 2x2 thick pieces, as well as a few longer ones. Some thin ones in the same sizes to hold them together. Oh and I had two 8x8 thin blocks on the bottom as a base plate I believe...

Upvote 0
i built a decent one for about 24 bucks... it def has a few extras for show... antennas, "lights"... other than that, it's basic.

We should post them and see what we can colab.... the prog has a screen shot option i think... if not, control+shift+printscreen puts your desktop on the clipboard to past into any image editor...

i'll post tomorrow, off to bed!

Upvote 0
EDIT: Completed model that fits..
EDIT: ____________**proof of concept *** this model won't fit droid. This was done by eye. After careful measurement i'm off by one block... which makes an odd number. which makes it harder. i'll post a completed model soon!______________

____________________________________-
put this together in about 30 minutes... very simple. there are a couple extra pieces i'd order to make sure the droid fits ok and to hold the usb.

Other than that, basic, simple. lights are pointless... antennas are pointless... thingy on left is to hold audio cable.

if bought through the program... 24 buck....

part it out and buy individual pieces... 11 bucks....

legodock1.jpg

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones